Saturday, November 14, 2009

Wafu weekend

Late lunch last weekend, we decided to go "wafu", traditional Japanese.
I brought my camera along expecting a beautiful arrangement of the food that would make you feel sorry for the dishwasher but cheer for the chef.




Off we went to Ueno, it's like our Divisoria or Quiapo district were one can find anything at bargain prices. We were quite saddened to see several shuttered shops, though the fantastic food stalls were still in business.

Did not buy anything but found a wandering band of Chindon-ya, musicians performing traditional live advertisement, this one for a sushi restaurant.




2 comments:

altumviditur said...

oh my, so yummy! :)

Hi Ponpokopon. Have we met? You left a msg once in my website. I did not not notice your blogsite immediately Byaning Komix). I noticed it now, and saw that we have the same network of friends (Leaf Lens, Les Friendly, RR etc).

Anyways, more power to you! :)

Roma

Ponpokopon said...

Thanks for dropping by Roma! We haven't met yet but at least we're in the same network of friends!
I hope to visit the places featured in your blog someday!
PPP