Monday, March 12, 2007

Soul food


I cooked "ginisang talong at kalabasa sa bagoong" tonight and boy, did the kitchen stank, hooooooh! Of course it was good, but you know bagoong especially the "hilaw" type when you saute it, the whole neighborhood knows what's cooking!
Luckily it is still cold here and most homes are still using heaters so I hope everyone on my floor is hermetically sealed since I had to leave my balcony doors open, yes it was friggin 6C alright but I was afraid that our rabbit-hutch of an apartment might stink!
I had to freshen up the whole place after dinner, I sprayed bleach on the kitchen tiles, sink and range and washed it off. The air became antiseptic, I could close my balcony doors now, then I lit up incense-sticks. Hayyy, the things one must do for soul food...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! But fuck the neighbor! We leave the windows open, too, as you do, and close the bedroom and bathroom doors. But, what the hey, we have a tenant on the 1st floor (we're on the 5th floor) who's Chinese so you could just imagine the aroma that wafts all the way up to kingdom come. So, resbakan lang yan.

Ponpokopon said...

Well, my situation is quite different from yours; wala akong ka-resbak. Alternate ko na lang yung amoy between ginisang bagoong and grilled fish. ;0)