Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Tipid-mode on a Friday night



I was trying to save money by just cooking dinner at home, kaya lang whenever I go to this supermarket in our town that carries a good wine and beer selection, I cannot help but BUY, BUY, BUY! This bottle caught my eye dahil nga sa label "LUZON", akala ko galing Pilipinas... oh well, you can probably guess this young wine's provenance.
It is young indeed, 2005 fresh-tasting, I would definitely recommend this reasonably -priced wine.



Managed to assemble a decent set of leftovers for my maski-pops pasta -- I have been cooking pasta my own way, eschewing the sauces we grew up with, I opt for the quick-cooking peperoncino variations or just put a dollop of pesto and presto! DINNER!

Verdict: this one got too greasy, I rarely use pesto kaya ayan.... taste-wise, mas masarap yung last Thursday, without the pesto sauce but with anchovies and salami for flava.

No comments: