Sunday, September 07, 2008

Kuwentong boys naman...

I'm lucky to have a friend who's a certified "film otaku", so if I miss seeing some films on the big screen, all I have to do is ask him. Among the stack of dvds I borrowed for my summer vacation, (Himala, Sister Stella L, Oro Plata Mata, Pan's Labyrinth and Insiang) is "The History Boys".

Ang galing nito! It's about a group of bright history students in grammar school who are preparing for the Oxford entrance exams. I googled for more info and it turns out that this movie was based on a play. Kaya pala... (hindi ko na kukwento yung mga highlights, manood na lang kayo) I wonder how the play went, it could have been more interesting I guess.

The soundtrack has got New Order, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Smiths, The Cure, Aztec Camera... all nostalgic 80's new wave stuff plus Rufus Wainright (o ayan, may hint na).

Hmm, the next time I borrow dvds, may "Hot Fuzz" kaya sya...

No comments: