Sunday, April 08, 2007

Luto-luto naman tayo

Excerpts from my Ygroup...(edited)


Received: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 08:15:51 PM PDT

Subject: luto luto naman tayo

i love Indian food and i am sharing one recipe I tried - Chicken Tikka

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/ recipe_views/ views/109308

importante yung chutney o raita for a successful dinner

what i did was another version, diced fresh cucumber, chopped cilantro leaves,
salt and freshly ground black pepper

sarap!


Sent: Saturday, April 7, 2007 8:47:48 AM
Subject: luto luto naman tayo

Great recipe. Chicken tikka is my fave Indian food but I don't dare make it.
We have a really good place here to buy it ala turo-turo. Comes with raita
and naan. Easier when the cravings start.


Sent: Saturday, April 8, 2007
Subject: luto luto naman tayo

yup it was a big success, nasundan ito ng Fish Masala (sa epicurious rin, substituted cocomilk with cow's milk, nagamit ko kasi sa lintik na laing last time)
however my partner is not really into Indian food that much, I was cooking for myself sa totoo lang
buti na lang she has taken a liking to raita.

grabe ang mahal nga lang lang ng basic ingredients dito sa Japan...
one bloody lime - US$1.50
fresh cilantro - about friggin 6 stems - $ 2.00

hayy, times like this make me miss my beloved Bangkok... I could buy one bilao each of those things

kanina naman I cooked kangkong sauteed in black beans - isang 1/4 tali ng kangkong, about 7 oh-so grateful if they are all leafy bunch - US$ 2.00
doing the grocery here for Southeast Asian home cooking is so surreal - always
I could imagine my mom's amazed reaction at the price of one piece of steroid-pumped tiger shrimp = US$1.00, on sale you can get it without the head US$0.50 -- di naman forzen pero nakababad sa tubig (tubig kaya yun?)

sorry for the rant... talagang frustrated lang ako pag dating dito

No comments: