Friday, July 11, 2008

food orgasm

C just came back from the People's Summit in Hokkaido (saan pa no?!) and brought home loads of goodies that sent my foodie sense into overdrive. The fresh strawberries were a bit sour for me, so I gorged on fresh "Napoleon" sakurambo (cherries) until I had to restrain myself from eating the whole bunch, imagining my mom telling me, "o baka di ka matunawan nyan, bukas naman..."


(i just put some in a plate to photograph)

My dear cousin loves Japanese chocolate and I know that one of her faves is Royce chocolate. I would love to bring her lots of this yummy choco from Hokkaido but I just couldn't, since they're too fragile and sensitive to heat.

Cherries and dark "nama" chocolate...mmmmm.

The following day, I knew that dinner would be a grand one.

We had fresh shiso leaves cut into thin strips...



Fresh "Bafu Uni" --- that's horse shit uni - since the sea urchin looks like one spiny horseshit.




Top it with the shiso and garnish with nori strips... ITTADAKIMASU!



The sake was Okunomatsu Ginjo, from Fukushima prefecture. Kampai!



And we still haven't eaten the "ikura" yet!

No comments: