Sunday, June 29, 2008

Malapit na ang Tag-init...

Malapit na ang Tag-init...sa Tokyo, lalabas na ang pusod, balikat, likod, mga binti, hita, tuhod, at lahat-lahat na! It gets pretty hot and humid here in the summer, just like in Manila. Kaya bahay na bahay ako sa panahon na ito. Yun nga lang, this season sets me into daydreaming mode - thinking about the beach and the sea in Pilipinas, while a salariman starts his day asleep on my shoulder (despite the sharp nudges I give him) on my may to work.
What to do then? I can't afford a plane tix to Manila right now so I've drawn up a list of things that I can do in Summer:

1. Visit Tsukiji Fish Market before an outright ban on us pesky tourists is put to work. I have never been to this place in my 10 years here, just because I have to wake up pretty early, like 4am! Now that there have been several "rules" for tourists - because they supposedly interfere with the day-to-day going ons at the Market... like touching a prized tuna with bare hands! HOMAYGASS...alam mo ba kung magkano yan?! or just being in the way of those speedy people carts that whiz through the wet and busy aisles!

2. Go to Kappabashi.
I met a chef once who told me that I should visit Kappabashi since I also love cooking and good food. It's been about 7 years since she told me so, I better get going.

3. PAINT.
Recently, a dear friend of ours crashed at our place and she noticed that there were NO new art on display at home. She has a couple of my works at her place already. Lola C has been at it ever since, "I have never seen you paint ha (may Tagalog na sya) ".... ok, ok, I will summon my muses and I hope they are not on summer leave. I also have a couple of commissions for dear friends that I have to work on. They too have been wondering wtf has happened to me. Sana magawa ko na nga ito.

4. Continue my Nihongo classes - so far so good but very slow.

5. Workout - as usual, same-o, same-o

6. Go to the Tokyo L&G Film Festival and Pride March -
http://www.tokyo-lgff.org/2008/e/index.html


No comments: