Sunday, June 15, 2008

treasures


My chipped coffee filter and mug, both of which I could not part with. They have seen me through countless mornings, all hungover or rushing to catch my train, and more. The filter is from a dear friend who left for greener pastures and yummy pho 24/7. This is the same filter that we used to pour coffee in when I first set foot in Japan, 10 years ago, and had to share an apartment with 2 friends who readily and unselfishly accommodated I and C, since we did not have enough money to rent our own place yet. The glazed mug, a present from Lola C, well, I asked her to buy this for me since I love glazed stoneware that's hand-made.

Sabi ng matatanda sa atin, kapag may basag na ang tasa o pinggan, dapat na itong itapon dahil malas daw ito. Hmmm, di naman totoo yun. I guess it's more of a safety precaution di ba? My mug's rim is chipped in places where I usually sip coffee at so now, I have to
turn it a bit. Ewan ko ba, I am so attached to these two talaga.

I also have really worn out T-shirts and summer shorts from my Bangkok days, mostly from JJ (Jatujak Market) and a special tee from Khao Yai National Park. C and I really love these and just could not send them to the Salvation Army next door everytime we do spring cleaning.

No comments: