Monday, August 18, 2008

"努力" -  "effort" - "sikap"

Ahh that comforting smell of salonpas... I pulled my left tricep last week from swimming (without any warm-up, silly me!) and thought that it had healed already, so this morning I went straight to the pool. The water was quite chilly since it was cloudy and rainy yesterday. There's nothing like a dip in a cold pool in the morning! The cold fired up my neurons and nerves, everything was bright, blue, crisp and clear, both the water and the sky! Gising na gising ang ulirat ko!

After several laps, my left tricep just turned into one hard knot, sheeeat... that means I have to stop, ok lang malapit na naman ang isang oras. Edad na nga ba ito? Oh well, at least I have nudged myself out of this rut today. 2008 has been so far, a bummer year for me. I am still struggling with my putting in enough effort to make things happen, I do hope that towards the end of the year things will get better in terms of my creativity (to produce more artwork or at least finish a couple of commissions that are waaay overdue), my language skills (to pass the language proficiency test in December) and my physical self (to be a gym rat again!).

I know, I know, it all depends on my bloody effort.

No comments: