Friday, August 22, 2008

Freak me!

I just had to check out all the fuss about Google Map's "street view" so I sought out my own address. Lo and behold, not only did I get a satellite view of the area, there is indeed a 360º street view that even has my apartment building in it! This composite was probably taken late-winter or early spring because the people were still in down jackets. The rotating and zoom feature really freaked me out! I could zoom into the row of vending machines and clearly see what's selling! Once could virtually get close to the entrance of our apartment building!

Kaya pala, privacy issues are being raised here in Japan and it was reported that a "street view" of a couple entering a love hotel has already made it into an online bulletin board! hehehe, dito kasi uso ang "walk-in" (at "walk-out") sa mga motel.

No comments: