Monday, August 18, 2008

Kitchenware Town

Kappabashi, is the place to go shopping if you are an owner of an izakaya, cafe or restaurant or a kitchen gadget otaku. I'm neither of the above, just a plain curious tourist who found this place a bit boring, save for the coffee place and the wax works.

I bought "stainless soap", it's a bar of stainless steel that you wash your hands with together with regular hand soap to get rid of strong odors like garlic or fish. Dunno if this really works, I hope it does; so romantic home dinners would really be "romantic" without C complaining that my fingers stink of garlic! (dang, it's difficult being the chef and the date at the same time). I also bought a bag of espresso beans from the coffee specialty shop since they recommended that I try their roast and it was also a bargain at Y800 (300 pesos) for 200grams.

Next town is Asakusa which is way much more interesting hence, touristy. I thought of walking towards the Senso-ji, a very famous temple but the weather was not really good for taking photos.


Iron brands

If one can't read Japanese, all one has to do is point to this.
They're usually on display in front of restaurants and izakayas.

The time is kappa/maguro maki o'clock and ika sushi minutes.

No comments: