Sunday, June 10, 2007

Brocka on DVD - It's about time!

Sa wakas, mapapanood ko na rin yung mga Brocka films! More info in this INQ7 article. I have been 'brain damaged" by Disney and Hollywood films, being so shocked to learn about Doraemon - the cat from the future, is so popular in Asia, except in the Philippines! Another shocker, my all-time Japanese anime faves VOLTES 5 and DAIMOS is almost unheard of in JAPAN! I went around asking my Japanese friends about these two and they went... "ehhh? nani? I have never heard of them?!" It turned out that MAZINGER Z, the one I found so lame, is one of the robot granddaddys here.

Back to Brocka, kudos to the people who finally had the gumption to preserve the golden years of modern Pinoy cinema. I believe that this is where all the new wave of kick-ass Pinoy directors and screenwriters touch base with, ang mga direktor and the movement in the 70's. I have to admit that Imelda Marcos also played a big role here, remember the MIFF?

Sige na, isalang na yung DVD ni Brocka, manood na tayo.

No comments: