Monday, July 16, 2007

just roll with it

My morning started with a quite familiar rocking which I thought was one of those usually weak quakes we experience from time to time here in Tokyo. Still in the futon, and expecting for the swaying to end soon, I just waited.

The swaying (we are on the 6th floor) got stronger and I could hear things that are not supposed to make a noise and that totally woke me up but I was still in the futon. It felt like a biggie this time. My partner was awake all the time but did not bother to even budge --- she said... where will we go then? hehehe, true.

Our building was still swaying and our kitchen wares making like wind chimes, I got up to turn on the TV and check the situation since one can get earthquake data on TV a couple of minutes after a quake happens. Sadly, the epicenter was somewhere in Niigata - again. A whopping magnitude 6.6. Here in Tokyo, we woke up to an M3. I feel queasy from motion sickness.

It's a national holiday today. On a regular working day, I could have been in our office at 10am, enjoying a cup of coffee for a start.

No comments: