Sunday, July 29, 2007

welcome back! grab a paddle, and start rowing!

Time files like the shinkansen. I just realized that a week has passed since I, my partner and our good friend had a celebration last Saturday. Our friend is a breast cancer survivor. She's back into the daily grind and sporting a new look as well!

We had this photo taken from behind so she can show off her pixie cut hair next to mine! She's the one on the right.



I haven't had a buzz cut yet at that time so I was the butt of jokes, which I am used to already whenever my hair grows more than a centimeter. "Punch-pama" is the hairdo preferred by old yakuza - that's the tight, kinky perm molded into a small 70's-era afro. There's also "tawashi" - a multi-purpose scrubbing brush. hehehe... di lang nila alam sa Pinas, ang tawag sa buhok ko, "steelwool", hoistttt...wag kayong maingay ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy for your friend. My aunt, she's byaning, too and also a breast cancer survivor.

I like that term --> "tawashi". Sounded like a Japanese word. hahaha