Saturday, July 28, 2007

水出し "mizudashi"

I have been cold brewing our teas here lately since the weather has been quite hot. Ubos ko na yung jasmine namin, and I just prepared banaba tea (I got as a present), masarap kaya ito?

Cold brewing tea is something I have just learned recently, "mizudashi" in Nihongo. There's even a special glass container for this, where you put loose tea leaves in and tap water then give it a shake and let it sit for 12 hours in your fridge.

Voila! Sa umaga malamig na tsaa! I found out that I could easily kick any habit I have, like my chimney-smoking 12 years ago! I still love coffee but not in this weather. Honestly I have been coffee-free for 3 days now. Anyways, the caffeine level in tea is quite strong so I am still blogging away at this time. Langya, gusto ko nang matulog!

I'll be stocking on my all-time fave Mugi-cha (barley tea) and this will be my pampalamig once the temp really gets high. So far, bearable pa naman, 32ºC lang... sows konting inom ng cha-a lang yan!

No comments: