Friday, July 13, 2007

Mangga naman




"WOW, SO PROUD...SO SNOBBISH!" those were the words my partner said while she laid a plate of mango slices on the dining table (2/3ds is a huge heap of her papers!)

Bakit kamo... eh kasi the huge mango was from Mexico and I was not so keen to even try it. Dining at home is a political, cultural, etc etc. instance in our household. From what I have read, Pinoy mangoes were a made in Catholic-heaven-genetic-combo from the mango genes coming from Mexico and our local genes. Heck, anything combined with our local genes will result in something WOW! (you define the WOW)

So, my partner goes.. "WOW, really!" I said, GOOGLE it.

My partner actually is a DIE-HARD fan of Pinoy mangoes and she endlessly puts up to the challenge of how she could "smuggle" a couple of precious mangoes through Narita. I wonder why she always gets busted by a really huggable Labrador at Customs, while I just breeze through along with my mango cache.

I tried the red-skinned mango from Mexico - even the skin did not convince me I was eating a mango. Eh hindi ba DILAW ang balat ng mangga?! WALA pa ring tatalo sa mangga natin!

--- nga pala, that's my partner's immaculate hand na pwedeng gawing model ng De Beers (yung hinliliit lang), yung sa akin naman eh mala-Gandalf, tanders ang hitsura pero MAGICAL, hehehe.

No comments: