Saturday, November 17, 2007

Back at my "hometown"

A business trip last week to Bangkok sent me to nostalgia overdrive.
Taxis still smelled of pandan or jasmine or that minty nose inhaler which is surprisingly still around 10 years after I have left!


Get a whiff of the countryside with fresh pandan car freshener!



I am forever hooked on "Cha Yenh" - this is really sweet strong tea and nothing compares to the one sold on the sidewalk, since the tea is brewed by hand and hawkers do not use the powdered ready mix stuff that one can also buy at supermarkets.

Here's a jumble of photos I took from work...
Really, there was nothing of interest to post here except for these warning signs I took from the machines that were on exhibit. I thought I might get myself into trouble from standing too close to these signs, like getting zapped or clobbered by some machine part. Shows how bored I was, huh?!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gosh! I wish New York taxicabs smelled like that! My dilemma every winter is the strong BO that permeates my entire being when I'm in a cab (I can't roll the window 'coz it's freezing). NYC should give out pandan-scented deodorants to taxicab drivers here.
'te jingle

Ponpokopon said...

hahaha! well, the pandan scent is something of a challenge kasi parang teetering on the BO sya, hahahaha!
hmm that gives me an idea, BO scented perfume! BO is the new Issey Miyaki!