Friday, November 09, 2007

Hapunan

Last summer, unagi was the fish in season. It's supposed to ward off "natsubate" - that lethargic feeling that one feels in the hot months, here in Japan. Hmmm, wala naman akong naramdamang "lethargy", (bakit kaya? hehehe...) pero kain pa rin ako ng unagi after a long day. Of course may kasamang chilled beer lagi! (walang yelo ha!)


This autumn, "sama" (Pacific saury) is in season. Sarap nito, freshly grilled, drizzled with freshly squeezed lemon juice, tapos sawsaw mo sa toyo, sabay habol ng mainit na subo ng bagong saing na "koshi hikari"!

Salmon is also fatter this time of the year, and I saw "harasu" salmon belly w/ skin at the supermarket tonight! My fave pulutan! Yun nga lang, grilled over charcoal tastes so much better than my dinner tonight, which I grilled in our range. No fun... buti na lang may nihonshu.
Ps. the "new" Nissin Miso Noodles also suck.


fresh "harasu"


my uneventful hapunan, save for the
super-sarap na nihonshu (hakkai-san)
served in a "bizen" cup which I crafted myself






No comments: