Friday, November 09, 2007

Pananghalian

I had lunch at my desk last Thursday, it was my turn to stay at the office at lunchtime - to answer phonecalls, etc. - dakilang receptionist. Maliit lang kasi opisina namin kaya kami-kami na rin ang janitor, gofer, atbp.

Of course in season ang salmon so I got this really good combo of salmon "toro" (fatty salmon meat scraped off the bony parts) , okra, pickled kabu, and freshly grated sticky potato as in raw "gabi", topping with fresh steamed rice of course! Hindi pa tapos, there's a poached egg (on the left) that you have to mix as well and then drizzle with toyo - wasabi !
KAINAN NAAAA!




If you look closely in the middle, there's some precious "ikura" (salmon roe).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nakakatakam naman yung mga entries mo! Your pananghalian is parang Korean 'no? I have yet to try that...and when I do, I have to be home...just in case.
'te jingle

Ponpokopon said...

This is Japanese, and this store is quite popular with OLs (office ladies, a.k.a. "working gels" sa Pinas). The store has healthy stuff on their menu, their specialty is "onigiri" - rice balls. Sarap talaga!