Tuesday, November 27, 2007

butones

Do buttons have a sort of "shelf life"? Like at a certain point in time the threads would just unravel leaving the buttons dangling on, waiting to be wrenched free or snipped off?
I think they do. It started last Saturday, after visiting a dear friend, while saying our goodbyes at the door, a coat button just suddenly seemed hanging on to a thread. I had to step back in my friend's place to snip off the poor button, then another one, on my left breast pocket, if it had a teeny voice, it would have been yelling... "here, here, me too!" so , snip! We were already laughing at the situation, and again, a button on the right cuff sort of dangled on, which made me think to leave it as is. My friend insisted that I snip that one off, and that I might lose it later and regret not doing so. Snip!

So I have 3 brown buttons at home, waiting to be sewn on. Until today, in a very slow day at the office, another button on the same coat was doing a Tarzan of the jungle, this time the right lower pocket! Snip! It's sitting on my table between me and my keyboard, and sends me some vibe which got me blogging about these buttons!

So far my winter coat still looks ok, I might just save this activity for the weekend. Hmm I have this nagging urge to go check the remaining ones.

Um, on second thought, someone must've been slacking off at a factory, somewhere in China.

No comments: