Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I feel da love

Once every 2 months, kabochan and I usually drop by several Pinoy restaurants in our place and distribute a Pinoy magazine. I would say that all our kababayan working in these places speak Nihongo fluently. This just adds to my frustration, kasi hanggang ngayon, after nearly 10 years living here, my speaking level is of a 5 yr. old. Call me lazy. (bow)

Sabi nga ni kabochan, "it must be the nature of your work, it allows you to speak English, you'd better work as an entertainer." Kasi nga naman yung mga Pinay entertainers dito, kahit bagong salang pa lamang eh they learn to speak the language in no time! Bilib ako sa advice ng pardner ko, oo nga, total immersion ang kelangan! Parang yung mga foreign sumo wrestlers who train in Japan, they speak fluent Nihongo in 3 months! Hmmm, should I train in Sumo instead?

Sabi ko naman sa kanya, siya na lang ang mag-turo tutal Hapon naman siya. Sagot ng lola, "no way, you'll give me a headache, go to a school, you need the competiton so you will strive to learn". Competition=Motivation, tumpak! Sigh, I feel da love.

No comments: